Ekaterini is a renowned belly dance performer, instructor and choreographer and has been involved in the art of Middle Eastern dance since 2001. Established as one of Melbourne's most highly sought after professional belly dancers, she has performed countless shows in the region and across Australia.
Ekaterini has been a popular choice at festivals, weddings, corporate events and special occasions as a solo artist as well as a duo with Middle Eastern percussionist George El-Azar, and the Bellydance Bohemia troupe.
Founded by Ekaterini in 2010, Bellydance Bohemia has rapidly grown to be one of Melbourne's most recognised belly dance schools and entertainment agencies, hosting an annual school concert which showcases the talent of students as well as local Middle Eastern musicians and professional dancers.
Ekaterini travels often and has spent many years training with accomplished teachers in Australia and abroad which have been influential in the development of her own unique style of belly dance.
Ekaterini has traveled extensively through the Middle East and recently visited Lebanon where she trained with belly dance superstar Amani. In 2014 Ekaterini traveled to Turkey and trained with some of Istanbul's most respected belly dancers including Ozlem Idilsu and Serup Su. In 2010 she traveled to Egypt and completed private belly dance workshops with master dancers Madame Raqia Hassan, Randa Kamel, and Soraia Zaied. Her training has also extended to workshops with world renowned dance artists Jillina, Aziza and Tamalyn Dallal from the US, and Mohamed Kazafy from Egypt.
In 2011 she collaborated with celebrity Jason Coleman (TV judge on So You Think You Can Dance) to perform at a high profile event held at the Grand Hyatt, and has since been invited to teach belly dance workshops to the full-time students at Jason Coleman's Ministry of Dance.
Ekaterini was also been selected to be one of the new faces of Ausdance Victoria, representing belly dance in 2013.
Her expression of belly dance is elegant, authentic and polished, bringing an enchanting presence and a natural musicality to her performances. Her style of dance and choice in music can vary from classical and modern Egyptian, Turkish Oriental, Lebanese and Greek Tsiftitelli.
Ekaterini is dedicated to promoting the beauty and integrity of belly dancing. With its graceful control and discipline, belly dance is a magnificent expression of feminine power.
Ekaterini's Belly Dance Highlights:
- 2018 - 31st Lonsdale Street Greek Festival
- 2017- Guest teaching artist at the Wollongong Belly Dance Festival starring Esmeralda Colabone (Brazil).
- 2017- Lonsdale Street Greek Festival 30th Anniversary.
- 2016- Performance at the Sydney Middle Eastern Dance Festival concert night.
- 2016- Performance for the cast and crew of Channel 9 Series Here Come The Habibs, Melbourne Premier.
- 2015- Performance at 'Unveiled- Aziza Live in Oz' theatre show @ Riverside Theatre, Sydney
- 2015- Performance at Assiut and Tie event starring Rachel Brice (US) @ Wonderland Spiegeltent, Melbourne
- 2014- Teaching belly dance workshops to full-time students at celebrity Jason Coleman's Ministry of Dance
- 2014- Underbelly Dance performance at Bellydance Evolution- Dark Side of the Crown @ Riverside Theatre, Sydney
- 2013- Commonwealth Bank Charity Gala Ball @ Palladium Ballroom, Crown Casino
- 2013- AFL Multicultural Round @ Etihad Stadium
- 2013- Performance at the Australia Day celebrations, Trans Turkish Express @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- 2013- Selected as one of the new faces of Ausdance Victoria, representing belly dance
- 2012- Underbelly Dance performance at the Jillina Live in Oz concert, Sydney
- 2012- Underbelly Dance performance at Night of the Awalim with belly dance superstar Yasmina of Cairo
- 2012- Premier of Victoria's gala dinner celebrating multicultural week @ Palladium Ballroom, Crown Casino
- 2011- Collaboration with celebrity choreographer Jason Coleman for a performance at the Ovarian Cancer Research Fundraiser @ the Grand Hyatt
- 2011- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival @ Federation Square
- 2011- Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF)
- 2011 & 2010- Suzuki Victoria Night Markets
- 2010- SBS Channel Christmas party
- 2010- Underbelly troupe performance supporting Unified Gecko album launch @ Hi-Fi Bar and Ballroom
- 2009- Star City Casino, Sydney
- 2008- Festival of the Winds- Bondi Beach, Sydney
- 2007- Touring Sydney venues with leading belly dancers- "1001 Arabian Nights Fantasy Show"
- 2007- Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA), Sydney
- Many performances at five star hotels in Sydney and Melbourne including Hilton, Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Sir Stamford and Sheraton.